Wishlist Wednesday #22

10:00 PM

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paperwhere we tell you about a book that is currently on our wishlist that we are excited for!

This week on Phil's Wishlist:


When high-school senior Noah Gallagher and his adopted teenage sister, Lo, go to live with their grandmother in her island cottage for the summer, they don’t expect much in the way of adventure. Noah has landed a marine biology internship, and Lo wants to draw and paint, perhaps even to vanquish her struggles with bulimia. But then things take a dramatic turn for them both when Noah mistakenly tries to save a mysterious girl from drowning. This dreamlike, suspenseful story—deftly told from multiple points of view—dives deeply into selkie folklore while examining the fluid nature of love and family.

This book seems like the perfect summer read. It takes place on an island, and the cover has a seal on it so you know that is a plus. I mean a lot of my initial want for this book was because I loved the cover, also that title is really good too. Now after reading the synopsis I really want to read this. And after literally just coming home from the bookstore, I kind of regret not buying it, but there is always next time!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I was eyeballing Tides on my last trip to Barnes and Noble. I hope you get to read it soon.
    My Wishlist Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick. I have had this book on my TBR pile for quite a long time now. I adore the cover, so pretty!

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sold that book last night at the bookstore where I work! I love the cover! I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover alone would pull me in! I agree it sounds like a great summer read.

    Kimberly @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good book. I have seen it around on goodreads. I love the cover! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/07/wishlist-wednesday-56_17.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great -- I love a good selkie story!

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images