Project Cain by Geoffrey Girard

9:43 PM

Pages: 368
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
ISBN: 9781442476967
Genre: Young Adult

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com): Fifteen-year-old Jeff Jacobson had never heard of Jeffrey Dahmer, the infamous serial killer who brutally murdered seventeen people more than twenty years ago. But Jeff’s life changes forever when the man he’d thought was his father hands him a government file telling him he was constructed in a laboratory only seven years ago, part of a top-secret government cloning experiment called ‘Project CAIN’.

There, he was created entirely from Jeffrey Dahmer’s DNA. There are others like Jeff—those genetically engineered directly from the most notorious murderers of all time: The Son of Sam, The Boston Strangler, Ted Bundy . . . even other Jeffrey Dahmer clones. Some raised, like Jeff, in caring family environments; others within homes that mimicked the horrific early lives of the men they were created from.

When the most dangerous boys are set free by the geneticist who created them, the summer of killing begins. Worse, these same teens now hold a secret weapon even more dangerous than the terrible evil they carry within. Only Jeff can help track the clones down before it’s too late. But will he catch the ‘monsters’ before becoming one himself.



My Thoughts (Spoiler-free):

When I first picked this book up, I had seen nothing but negative reviews; which made me really nervous to read it. Since the synopsis completely caught my attention, I decided to give it a try regardless of the negative reviews. And you know what? I'm so glad I ended up reading it, because it ended up being one of the most interesting reads of the year for me!


The characters incorporated into this book were both creepy and awesome! Seriously, all of the characters that were mentioned were based off of real serial killers along with the traits and personality that they had.

There was really nothing to complain about in this book, since I found out there was a companion book from a different character's perspective. I was at ease when it came to the questions I had after I finished the book, because I'm sure all my questions will be answered when I read the companion book.


Although, some readers may not enjoy how the book switched from info dumps back to the storyline, I thought it made the book extremely interesting and captivating (but of course if info dumps bother you, I would not recommend this book for you). The info dumps gave you a lot of background information, and I loved the fact that they were mostly all facts. Yes, not just based on facts, but full on facts. The facts mentioned in this book intrigued me so much that I actually found myself researching these facts on my own free time!

And can we just talk about the pictures in this book?! There were ACTUAL mug shots of the serial killers throughout the book which definitely added to the creepiness factor! I even had nightmares from just the thought of some of the things mentioned in this book. You'll have to read it to find out!

This book does not get enough credit, it truly is one of the most underrated books I've read this year! It will not disappoint and I definitely recommend it! 4 stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images