Carrie by Stephen King

11:39 PM

Pages: 304
Publisher: Anchor Books
ISBN: 9780345805874
Genre: Horror


Review by Phil


Synopsis (Goodreads.com):
An unpopular teenage girl whose mother is a religious fanatic is tormented and teased to the breaking point by her more popular schoolmates and uses her hidden telekinetic powers to inflict a terrifying revenge.

My Thoughts (Spoiler Free)

So I really didn't want to do a review of this book, but it is the only thing I have read recently and haven't reviewed, so here we go.

Carrie is one of my all time favorite movies, seriously it is amazing. I have been looking forward to the new remake since they announced that Chloe Grace Moretz was going to be playing Carrie, and am officially obsessed with the story line. As many times as I have seen Carrie though, I had never read the book, so I deemed that necessary.

The script for the original Carrie movie came straight from this novel. Probably one of the best book-movie adaptations ever, everything matches up for the most part, except one major detail...the ending. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but it is very different from the movie. Don't get me wrong, if you have seen the movie, all of the same characters die, just not in the way that they did in the movie. I actually prefer the deaths in the movie compared to the book though.

This is the first Stephen King book I have ever finished, and overall I am pretty impressed. While this book wasn't scary in the slightest of ways, it was entertaining, and I really liked it, but not as much as the movie. Normally I would never give the advice, but really just watch the movie, it is the same exact story (dialogue and all), and it will save you from hours of reading what you could just watch in an hour and a half. 

I gave Carrie 4/5 stars.
♚♚♚♚♔



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images