Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor

5:26 PM

Pages: 304
Publisher: St. Martins Griffen
ISBN: 9781250017598
Genre: Young Adult

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com):

In this breathtaking debut that reads like Gossip Girl crossed with Twin Peaks, a Queen Bee at a blue-blooded New England prep school stumbles into a murder mystery.

Anne Dowling practically runs her exclusive academy on New York’s Upper East Side—that is, until she accidentally burns part of it down and gets sent to a prestigious boarding school outside of Boston. Determined to make it back to New York, Anne couldn't care less about making friends at the preppy Wheatley School. That is, until her roommate Isabella’s body is found in the woods behind the school.

When everyone else is oddly silent, Anne becomes determined to uncover the truth no matter how many rules she has to break to do it. With the help of Isabella’s twin brother Anthony, and a cute classmate named Brent, Anne discovers that Isabella wasn’t quite the innocent nerdy girl she pretended to be. But someone will do anything to stop Anne’s snooping in this fast-paced, unputdownable read—even if it means framing her for Isabella’s murder.



My Thoughts (Spoiler-free):

Before I started reading this, I thought it was going to be a little cheesy because of the cover...and boy was I wrong. This book completely exceeded my expectations and as soon as I started reading it, I couldn't put it down! 


The story takes place in a boarding school which always makes everything more exciting, not to mention the fact that a body is found in the woods. So as you can tell this book was action-packed from the very beginning! I was upset at first that Isabella immediately got killed off because I was starting to enjoy her personality and the type of person she was. Yet, throughout the book you find out that she wasn't the person who she claimed to be; which didn't make me feel as upset anymore. I did enjoy all the other characters though, I think that the author did a good job when it came to all their personalities. My favorite of course was Anne, and you'll see why when you read it!


Overall, I loved every bit of this book from beginning to end. I loved the fact that you had no idea who the killer was and that it had you guessing until the very end because there were so many suspects! Also, can we just discuss how the author executes relationships and love interests perfectly? She didn't overdue it and she didn't just stick it in there randomly, which was such a relief for me because not a lot of authors know how to execute this perfectly like Kara Taylor did.

The only problem I had with this book is the problem I usually have with books I read in a day...I wanted more when I got to the end! Thankfully, my prayers were answered because there is going to be a second book! 

I guarantee that this won't disappoint! Trust me, once you start reading, you won't be able to put it down.

4 stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Like you, I thought the cover looked cheesy but I really enjoyed this one too! I'm excited for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images