Chew, Vol. 1: Taster's Choice by John Layman, Rob Guillory

12:06 AM


Pages: 264
Publisher: Image Comics
ISBN13: 9781607061595
Genre: Graphic Novel

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com): Tony Chu is a detective with a secret. A weird secret. Tony Chu is Cibopathic, which means he gets psychic impressions from whatever he eats. It also means he's a hell of a detective, as long as he doesn't mind nibbling on the corpse of a murder victim to figure out whodunit, and why. He's been brought on by the Special Crimes Division of the FDA, the most powerful law enforcement agency on the planet, to investigate their strangest, sickest, and most bizarre cases.

My Thoughts (Spoiler-Free):

I took a visit to the library a couple days ago and decided to pick up some graphic novels on a whim without looking them up on Goodreads. Chew, Vol. 1 was one of the graphic novels I picked up and surprisingly it ended up being one of the most interesting graphic novels I've ever read!

The storyline was unlike anything I've ever read or seen. I mean who has ever heard of people who get physic impressions from what they eat?! Once I picked it up, I couldn't bring myself to put it down!

The illustrations in this graphic novel were jaw dropping! Honestly, I couldn't believe how detailed they were, and how they perfectly aligned with the storyline!  But, I will say that the illustrations are pretty graphic, so they are not for the fainthearted, and without a doubt for *mature audience only!


Overall, Chew was a one of a kind read that I really enjoyed! I will definitely be continuing with this series, 5 star!

On that note, I'll leave you with a sneak peak into the beginning of Chew:


♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images