The Elite by Kiera Cass

2:00 PM

Pages: 323
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN: 9780062262851
Genre: YA Dystopian


Review by Phil

Synopsis(Goodreads.com):
Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Iléa.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


My Thoughts (Spoiler Free)
Well to start of this review I certainly hope that you have read The Selection, because if not and you read that synopsis from Goodreads it will totally ruin the ending to the first book. Besides that though if you haven't read The Selection then what are you doing with your life?! Serious questions here.

Agh it is so embarrasing how much I love these books. I mean come duh f*ck on! I am a 6 foot 4, 18 year old, romance-hating GUY! Everything this series is about should go against my better judgement. But holy crap these books are so good!

As I said in my review of The Selection (REVIEW), I am a huge sucker for reality TV, and competition shows, so it comes as no surprise that a book about a competition would be right up my alley. These books are my guilty pleasure, I mean in all honesty I should hate these books, but I know I am not the only guy who likes them! I am not alone!

The Elite had everything that was amazing in The Selection. Cass' writing style is so indulging and satisfying, leaving her readers fully gratified with every turn of the page. America comes back in The Elite bigger and badder then ever. With her new found predicament of whether to choose Aspen or Maxon, as well as her inner struggle dealing with whether or not she believes she can handle being the new princess, and later in time the new queen, of Illea.

The book starts off very smoothly, but around page 100 is when the book really takes off, after that you can't help but read it to the end!

I gave The Elite 5/5 stars! Even though the stars say I should hate these books, I just can't seem to, and thats a good thing because these books are amazing.


♚♚♚♚



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images