The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

10:33 PM

Pages: 277
Publisher: Speak
ISBN13: 9780142417805
Genre: Contemporary Young Adult

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com): 
Lennie plays second clarinet in the school orchestra and has always happily been second fiddle to her charismatic older sister, Bailey. Then Bailey dies suddenly, and Lennie is left at sea without her anchor. Overcome by emotion, Lennie soon finds herself torn between two boys: Bailey's boyfriend, Toby, and Joe, the charming and musically gifted new boy in town. While Toby can't see her without seeing Bailey and Joe sees her only for herself, each offers Lennie something she desperately needs. But ultimately, it's up to Lennie to find her own way toward what she really needs-without Bailey. 

My Thoughts (Spoiler-Free):

I have heard nothing but great things about this book so I finally was leaning towards reading it recently. It had been sitting on my shelf for so long and the spine was sitting there calling my name. I had to pick it up, I just had to! 

I didn't really like Lennie as a person, but yet I understood what she was going through...I mean after all her sister did die. I feel as though when someone goes through a death of a loved one, they sometimes lose themselves and who they are. I felt like this was what Lennie was going through, she was so lost and you just wanted to guide her towards they guy she needed to be with from the very beginning. When it came to Toby, I felt like I didn't really know much about him besides the obvious (he skates and dated Bailey), so I wish the author went more in depth with his character. I really liked Joe out of all of the characters and thought that he was the more realistic one (you know the guy that could actually exist out there in the real world)!

Overall, I thought the ending was predictable and I didn't find the storyline that original, but I still enjoyed it!


I definitely recommend this to all of you contemporary lovers out there! 3.5 stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images