Elegy by Amanda Hocking

1:01 AM

Pages: 542
Publisher: St. Martins Press
ISBN:9781250005670
Genre: Young Adult


Review by Phil

Synopsis(Goodreads.com): 
Now that Gemma holds the key to breaking the siren curse, the stakes have never been higher. At last, a future with those she loves—and a romance with Alex—is close enough to touch...but not if Penn has anything to say about it. Penn is more determined than ever to have Daniel for her own and to destroy Gemma and Harper along the way, and Penn always gets what she wants. Now a final explosive battle is about to begin, and the winner will take everything Gemma holds dear.

My Thoughts

To start off this review I feel the need to tell everybody that not only is this my favorite book in the Watersong series, but this is my favorite book of 2013 so far. Elegy has literally everything a reader, or at least this reader, could ever want in a book. Following almost immediately after Tidal, Gemma and Harper need to find a way to break the curse before it is too late, and before Penn decides to finally kill them both. 

This book starts off fast and just sprints all the way to the end, I honestly never wanted to put it down. Fun fact, I actually told my boss I had to leave early one day for a dentist appointment, but in reality I just really wanted to finish this book, and I did, and it was amazing, and even though I am not getting payed for the two hours I missed, it was totally worth it.

The balance of action, mixed with the romance, makes this series both likable to guys and girls, which is probably one of my favorite things about this series. Even though it has romance, it isn't disgustingly mushy, it is actually believable, and the characters in the relationships have actual substance. Along with the well written romance, the amount of blood and gore in this book is awesome. Now if your reading this and thinking that violence maybe isn't your thing, every single violent scene is done in the most tasteful way possible, and rather than seeing it as gore, you see it as Hocking's talent for imagery, its really awesome.

My one bad thought about Elegy is that is sadly the end of one of my favorite series. However, I can't wait to see what is in store next from Amanda Hocking, because I am sure it will be amazing. I gave Elegy 5/5 stars!


♚♚♚♚♚

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images