Wishlist Wednesday #38

2:53 AM

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paperwhere we tell you about a book that is currently on our wishlist that we are excited for!

This week on Phil's Wishlist:



Moloka'i is the story of Rachel Kalama, growing up in Honolulu in the 1890's, who at the age of 7 is taken from her family and sent to Kalaupapa, the isolated leprosy settlement on the island of Moloka'i.

Its funny but I literally haven't a clue as to how I discovered this book. So there is no story behind that. Whatever caused me to look for this I can assume that the cover is what initially drew me in. I love the floral patterns, and with a title as unique as this one I knew I wanted to check it out. I also can't recal having ever read a book that takes place in Hawaii or one that deals with leprosy, which sounds awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've seen this book around a lot ever since I started blogging, and I must say it looks very pretty!
    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW
    CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree it is pretty, but most importantly I also haven't read any books about leprosy, so it definitely sounds interesting. Seems like it could be a refreshing read.

    Wislisht Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has been sitting on my shelf for TWO years now, and I really, really want to read... and still haven't gotten around to it. I'm really fascinated by the history of Molokai and definitely need to read this. Thanks for the reminder!!

    Lisa
    WW&WoW

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images