The 100 by Kass Morgan

1:57 AM

Pages: 277
Publisher: Little Brown
ISBN: 9780316234474
Genre: Young Adult Science Fiction

review by Phil

Synopsis(Goodreads.com):
In the future, humans live in city-like spaceships orbiting far above Earth's toxic atmosphere. No one knows when, or even if, the long-abandoned planet will be habitable again. But faced with dwindling resources and a growing populace, government leaders know they must reclaim their homeland... before it's too late.

Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents are being sent on a high-stakes mission to recolonize Earth. After a brutal crash landing, the teens arrive on a savagely beautiful planet they've only seen from space. Confronting the dangers of this rugged new world, they struggle to form a tentative community. But they're haunted by their past and uncertain about the future. To survive, they must learn to trust - and even love - again.

My Thoughts (Spoiler Free):
So I picked this book up because it is being turned into a TV show on the CW. The trailer for the show looked amazing, and while I was watching it, I ordered the book on Amazon. From what I saw on the TV trailer, it looked like it was going to be an epic sic-fi/dystopian/thriller, the book was far from that.

Honestly, this book is your typical dystopian. Anyone could have written it, it is extremely predictable, boring, and nothing really happened throughout the whole book. But don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it.

The simplicity of it made the book a very quick read. It was enjoyable, but I wish it had ended up being more like what the TV trailer was like. Also, it's super annoying that if you watch the trailer for the show, the ending of the book is completely given away. Therefore, I suggest reading the book if you don't want to get spoiled.

Overall, I gave this book 3/5 stars, and when/if there is a sequel I will probably pick it up. I most likely will be watching the show too!



♚♚♚♔♔

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The trailer for the t.v. show looks so awesome, it's one that I will definitely be watching. I really want to read this book too, it's too bad that you didn't end up loving up. Lets hope that the t.v. show is super fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha lets hope, we shold watch it together and talk about it!

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images