The Shade of the Moon by Susan Beth Pfeffer

11:59 PM

Pages: 304
Publisher: HMH Books
ISBN: 9780547813370
Genre: Young Adult
Series: The Last Survivors #4

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com):

It's been more than two years since Jon Evans and his family left Pennsylvania, hoping to find a safe place to live, yet Jon remains haunted by the deaths of those he loved. His prowess on a soccer field has guaranteed him a home in a well-protected enclave. But Jon is painfully aware that a missed goal, a careless word, even falling in love, can put his life and the lives of his mother, his sister Miranda, and her husband, Alex, in jeopardy. Can Jon risk doing what is right in a world gone so terribly wrong?

My Thoughts (Spoiler-free):

First of all, can we just drool over the beautiful cover?! I've been waiting to read this book for a while now; since it's the final book in The Last Survivors series. When it came to this book my expectations were fairly low, because I was expecting to be disappointed basded on all the negative reviews I had read on Goodreads. I'm glad I read it though, because I enjoyed it and ended up satisfied with how the series ended overall!

 I don't want to ruin the whole series by spoiling anything, but I will say that I was surprised as always with the characters that the author had chosen to live and die. Now that I think about it, I think that's one of the reasons I've kept up with the series; the fact that not every single character lives happily ever after. Also, I personally found it to be action packed throughout the entire book! In fact, I finished this book in about a day because I couldn't put it down.

So if you haven't read this book yet and you're the type of person that is fascinated by the whole end of the world concept like I am, than I recommend starting the first book in the series, Life As We Knew It!  4 stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images