Substitute Creature by Charles Gilman

1:59 AM

Pages: 250
Publisher: Quirk
ISBN: 9781594746406
Genre: Middle Grade

Synopsis(Goodreads.com):
When a giant nor’easter dumps a blanket of snow on the village of Dunwich, Massachussetts, Robert Arthur and his friends find themselves marooned inside Lovecraft Middle School. The kids have no choice but to spend the night—while snacking on cafeteria food, sleeping on classroom floors, and facing off against a mysterious substitute teacher who may have a sinister secret. The latest adventure in the Lovecraft Middle School series features more adventures, more outrageous monsters, and another terrifying lenticular cover!

My Thoughts (Spoiler Free)

This series never ceases to amaze me. The progression that I have seen from the first book to now, just in Gilman's writing alone, is astonishing. 

The storyline is progressing really well, and while the books are very short, they have enough adventure for a normal lengthened book. 

Even though Lovecraft Middle School is a really dangerous and terrifying place, I would LOVE to have gone there. The action and adventure, as well as the romance and friendship dynamics work hand in hand. This series is golden, and I can't wait to see the next step it takes.

It is extremely hard to not give spoilers when reviewing this book, so I am going to keep this review short and sweet ( very much like the book that I am reviewing!).

Substitute Creature is my favorite book in the series so far, and I need to get my hands on the next one ASAP! Also the ending of this book was...WOW! SO GOOD! I gave this book 4/5 stars, and as always recommend it to everyone.

♚♚♚♚♔

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images