How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan

10:59 PM

Pages: 256
Publisher: Knopf Books
ISBN:  9780375843235
Genre: Young Adult

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com):

Here are 18 stories, all about love, all kinds of love. From the aching for the one you pine for, to standing up and speaking up for the one you love, to pure joy and happiness, these love stories run the gamut of that emotion that at some point has turned every one of us inside out and upside down.

What is love? With this original story collection, David Levithan proves that love is a many splendored thing, a varied, complicated, addictive, wonderful thing.



My Thoughts (Spoiler-free):

I didn't know what to expect when I first picked up this book, because I haven't read very many short stories in a while. On the other hand, I've enjoyed every book I've read so far by David Levithan. In the end, I'm so glad that I picked this one up because after finishing it, David Levithan impressed me once again with his beautiful writing.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories that David Levithan wrote and if it were up to me I'd choose to make every single story a separate book because I wanted more!  I don't want to ruin any of the stories for you guys but if you do end up reading this book look out for "Breaking and Entering"; it was my favorite (the quote below was taken it).


There were entirely way too many quotes and lines that I fell in love with in each and every story. Out of all of them, I can honestly say that this one was the one that stood out the most to me. I could relate to this quote at one point in my life so it really hit home:

"We’d said we’d keep in touch. But touch is not something you can do from a distance. Touch is not something you can keep; as soon as it’s gone, it’s gone. We should have said we’d keep in words, because they are all we can string between us-words on a telephone line, words appearing on a screen. But they cause more complications than clarity. On the phone, there are always voices in the background. On the screen, there are always the sentences saying he has to go."
Even if this quote doesn't hit home for you, I'm sure you'll be able to relate to a handful of quotes/stories in this book. So, with that being said, I definitely recommend buying this book for your personal collection because there's so many beautiful quotes and lines that you'll want to look back on again and again and again! 4 stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images