Wishlist Wednesday # 16

12:47 AM

Wishlist Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Pen to Paperwhere we tell you about a book that is currently on our wishlist that we are excited for!

This week on Phil's Wishlist:

Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce
Kai and Ginny grew up together–best friends since they could toddle around their building’s rooftop rose garden. Now they’re seventeen, and their relationship has developed into something sweeter, complete with stolen kisses and plans to someday run away together.

But one night, Kai disappears with a mysterious stranger named Mora–a beautiful girl with a dark past and a heart of ice. Refusing to be cast aside, Ginny goes after them and is thrust into a world she never imagined, one filled with monsters and thieves and the idea that love is not enough.

If Ginny and Kai survive the journey, will she still be the girl he loved–and moreover, will she still be the girl who loved him?

Jackson Pearce, author of the acclaimed SISTERS RED and FATHOMLESS, has returned with a unique vision of Hans Christian Andersen’s “The Snow Queen,” one about power and redemption, failure and hope, and the true meaning of strength.


First was Little Red Riding Hood, then Hansel and Gretel, then the Little Mermaid, now The Snow Queen, seriously I LOVE these books. Jackson Pearce has to be one of my all time favorite writers, I have read all of her books, no exaggeration, I have read all of them. Sweetly still has to be my favorite, then Fathomless, but now that I think about it I really can't pick favorites, because they are all too good! Jackson started my love for fairytale retellings, and when I heard she was writing a fourth I was like OHHH YEAAASSSSHHH. So excited for this book, probably my #1 most anticipated book of 2013, too bad it doesn't come out until September though :..(.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I've not read a book by the author, but I've heard great things! Sucks for the long wait though :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks stunning! Have to add it myself, looks like a great read!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the cover for this one! I've only read Sisters Red so I need to get around to continuing on with these books!
    Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice! I've read Sisters Red (my fave by this author) and Sweetly, and just took Fathomless home from the library. Hadn't heard about this one yet, but it sounds amazing! Onto my TBR list it goes.

    Lisa
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this author at all, does that mean I live under a rock? But if it has anything to do with fairy tales, it's right up my street.

    My Wishlist Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one before but, it sounds great! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/06/wishlist-wednesday-50.html

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images