Prodigy by Marie Lu

6:07 PM

Pages: 371
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
ISBN:  9780399256769
Genre: Young Adult

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com): 

June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

My Thoughts (Spoiler-free):

[I'll be keeping this review spoiler-free due to the fact that it's a sequel, and because you have to read Legend if you haven't already.]

I've been wanting to read Prodigy since the moment I found out that it was coming out! I had read Legend last summer, so I had to re-read Legend to refresh my memory. The moment I finished Legend, I dove straight into Prodigy and boy, was that a ride!

Once again we see June and Day take on the Republic in this sequel. They were constantly running into trouble and having to make difficult decisions. There were also a lot of unexpected twists and turns that completely took me by surprise (which I can't mention due to spoilers)!

I can honestly say that there wasn't anything that I disliked about this book! If anything, I loved it just as much as Legend! What I loved the most about this book was that there was never a dull moment and there was constantly something exciting going on at the turn of every page! 

So, if you haven't read Legend yet, I definitely recommend reading it because Prodigy was 100%  action-packed! I'll be anxiously waiting for Champion to come out in the fall because that ending was just the ultimate cliff hanger! 5 well-deserved stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images