Teacher's Pest by Charles Gilman

7:40 PM

Pages: 176
Publisher: Quirk Books
ISBN: 9781594746147
Genre: Middle Grade
Tales from Lovecraft Middle School: #3

Review by Geraldine

Synopsis (Goodreads.com): 
Don't be fooled by his friendly smile, his perfect manners, or his shiny red apple. Student council president Howard Mergler is actually a sinister bug-monster in disguise—and he's summoning swarms of roaches, wasps, fleas, and head lice into the corridors of Lovecraft Middle School! Twelve-year-old Robert Arthur is the only student who can stop him--but he'll need help from his best friends: the school bully, the school ghost, and an extremely courageous two-headed rat.

This third novel in the Lovecraft Middle School series begins right where Professor Gargoyle and The Slither Sisters ended—with more action, more adventure, and more outrageous monsters!


My Thoughts (Spoiler-Free):

If by now you haven't started the Tales from Lovecraft Middle School series yet, then what are you doing?! Get out there right now and buy the first book, Professor Gargoyle, you won't regret it! But, Teacher's Pest is the third book in the series, so you can imagine just how excited I was when I picked it up to read!

In this book, we follow the same characters from the previous books, Robert, Glenn, and Karina through yet another action packed adventure at Lovecraft Middle School. The only difference is that this time they are faced with the evil that is Howard Mergler, a bug in disguise! That's all I can say for now as I don't want to ruin it for those of you who haven't read the first two books in the series yet.


Once again, just like the last two books in the series, I really enjoyed the illustrations! Also, I loved the surprised along the way, at one point I honestly gasped out loud (if you've read this book already, then you know exactly what scene I'm talking about)!

The only thing I dislike about the series so far is waiting for the next book to come out! The next book in the series doesn't come out until September, and you better believe I will be reading it right when it comes out!

I love this series so far, and I honestly would recommend it to anyone. Even though this is a middle grade series, I myself, as a 22 year old enjoy it, so I think it's a fun series to pick up no matter how old you are!

4.5 stars!
♛♛♛

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images